Life seems to be getting back to normal here in the Tokyo area. The trains were all running, albeit at reduced intervals so a train may run every 10 minutes instead of 5. I decided to complete that tasks that I wanted to do on my trip on Thursday that require real travel: go to Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gū in Kamakura, Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum in Shin-Yokohama, and hit the martial arts supply store on the way back in Ayase.
I made it down to Kamakura with no issue; the transit system here is a marvel and ingenuity and efficiency. I made it down to Kamakura in Kanagawa prefecture with no problem. I meander my way through the town, which is cool, btw and hit up several gift shops. I buy a bunch of stuff for everyone back home and finally find my way to Hachiman-gu; it is an impressive site, to say the least. I wonder around, by myself a kamidana and omamori & ofuda for the dojo, and then I finally walk up that monster of a stairway. After avoiding a heart attack, I check out the inside of the shrine and go into the museum. On the way back to the station, I stumble across a conveyor belt sushi place. I get a decent amount there, spend 1000 yen and head back to the train station.
After-wards, I make it to Shin-Yokohama to visit the Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum. It was near empty as one could imagine but it was still cool to check out. I had two sampler bowls of tonkotsu ramen from a couple different stands there; the first one I honestly didn't like and the other was decent. Anyways, I took the prerequisite pictures and pick up a few things in the gift shop.
Next, I head to Ayase to visit the budo shop. After getting lost at the Tokyo central station (my laptop went haywire and I lost my directions), I finally find someone to help me and make it to Ayase. I find the budo shop thanks to the info Tucker gave me but they were closed. :( I got there about 6:45pm; I come to find out that they close at 6. Anyways, I make it back to Kashiwa with my duffel bag-backpack and several sacks full of goodies. I didn't train that day due to lack of time but I got enough exercise from walking, carrying crap, and climbing stairs to last me a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment